Who needs potpourri that you're not supposed to touch, or chemical-filled air fresheners? Make your own non-toxic scented rocks! Place these fragrant rocks in a bowl or dish to scent a room.
These are a great gift for the kiddos to make for friends and family.
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 teaspoon essential oil (your favorite scent)
- 2/3 cups boiling water
- Food coloring, if desired
- In bowl, mix dry ingredients well.
- Add essential oil, and boiling water to dry ingredients. (Scent will be strong, but will fade slightly when dry.)
- For colored stones, blend in food coloring, one drop at a time until desired shade is reached.
- Blend ingredients, and form balls into different shape and sizes to look like stones.
- Allow stones to dry.